Providing Cost Effective, Safe, Sustainable Foundations On-Time and within Budget
How will piling contractors and geotechnical engineers respond to challenging times ahead?
Australia is under no illusion that there are challenging times ahead for the construction and resources sectors. An unprecedented pace of change means the piling industry is suffering and cannot simply rely on past trends in planning for the future. Many organisations have had to diversify to stay above water and focus on new sectors; others are winning projects through pushing down profit margins to the point of negligence; and others are just simply losing out to competition.
The piling industry is responding by developing different types of piling, piling design and geotechnical solutions to ensure sustainability, innovation, quality and cost effectiveness.
When operating in such a competitive market, it is critical to learn about the latest techniques in foundation piling, sheet piling, marine piling, geotechnical investigations and, of course, the new piling rigs being developed. Without fully understanding how the market is evolving you will run the risk of losing out on the next big project!
Why is Piling & Deep Foundations 2013 switching locations?
This year’s annual Piling and Deep Foundations will be taking place on the 27 – 28 November 2013 in Sydney for the first time
. The decision to move the event to Sydney is due to popular demand from the industry and a larger pipeline of projects in NSW.
How will the Piling & Deep Foundations Conference benefit you?
This year’s event will discuss the latest challenges, opportunities and solutions to optimise site investigation and ground improvement techniques which will assist you in selecting, designing and installing the best pile types for your projects. Uniting some of the industry’s leading experts, the event will attract piling professionals from across all disciplines involved in the process. This is your opportunity to network and discover how these people are currently innovating and shaping the future of piling and deep foundations in Australia and overseas.
The event will be structured with the following themes:
- Designing, testing and implementing sustainable deep-ground piling foundations that will ensure the infallible integrity for the life of the structure
- Designing cost effective means for constructing deep foundations
- Improving the safety of deep foundations in difficult geotechnical conditions
- Overcoming base resistance through innovative testing systems
- Solving piling problems during the construction phase
- Educating all stakeholders involved in construction projects the importance of piling and deep foundations
- Key national and international piling case studies
Who can you expect to network with?
- Piling Project Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Project Manager
- Structural Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Construction Manager
- Design Manager – Piles and Foundations
- Engineering Geologist
- Piling Consultants
- Building Manager
Representing the following industries:
- Geotechnical Consulting Engineers/Design Consultants
- Structural Consulting Engineers/Design Consultants
- Piling Contractors
- Building Contractors
- Project Owners (residential, railway, highway, urban rail, bridge, port, airport, commercial, industrial, offshore)
- Special materials manufacturers
- Safety and security solution providers
- Piling machinery manufacturers
- Pile foundation testing solution/equipment providers
- Machinery rental/leasing companies